When it comes to memory strategies there are a lot of opinions about what the best may be. Here are some we’ve found to be tried and true.
- Repetition…Look at it, say it, write it, draw it
- Association…Group info, relate to something you already know
- Visualize…draw pictures to illustrate important points and vocabulary
- Color code…use colored flash cards or highlighters to categorize info
- Acronyms…great for memorizing lists Graphic Organizers-use charts, webs, and other visuals to organize info